In 2012 the Trust was set up as a Co-operative Foundation Trust. We still adhere to these aims and values however the Trust have simplified and tightened the vision, aims and drivers to reflect where the Trust is in 2022. Please see the attached Trust handbook for more information.
The text below was the original aims and values of the Trust.
Our overall aims are to:-
- Improve teaching and learning
- Develop leadership
- Strengthen care, guidance and support
- Achieve better value for money
Our Co-operative values listed below are central to the work of our schools
- Self-help: Encouraging all within the organisation to help each other, by working together to gain mutual benefits. Helping people to help themselves.
- Self-responsibility: To take responsibility for, and to answer to, our actions
- Democracy: To give our stakeholders a say in the way we run our school
- Equality: Equal rights and benefits according to their contribution
- Equity: Being fair and unbiased
- Solidarity: Supporting each other and those in other co-operatives
- Openness: nobody's perfect, and we won't hide it when we're not
- Honesty: we are honest about what we do and the way we do it
- Social responsibility: we encourage people to take responsibility for their own community, and work together to improve it